Eight minutes ago is what time is on Henley's birth certificate (okay, 1:08 because by the time it is posted, the time will have changed). It took 8 minutes for the doctor to find one little piece of...stuff before he would call the time of birth. But it was 1:00 on the dot. Thursday is our two year checkup and full stats will follow.
If I stop to think about it, to really think about it, my eyes get all misty and I am aware of how much I entirely love Henley. Most days, I will admit, I don't let myself because then it would be very difficult to do things like...take my eyes off of her, go to work, put her to sleep at the same time, not watch her sleep, etc.
She is so fascinating and smart! She loves to clean and I never thought I'd see it! Brushing teeth and bathing are on the top of her favorites list. Saturday she ripped off her diaper and wanted to sit on the potty, without me making her. If you give her a tissue she will either blow her nose or wipe the counter/table/tray. She knows where her toys go (even if David doesn't, haha. Okay, I have a "system") and will put them there...usually. She's getting too tall to hide anything where we used to hide it and soon...only I will be able to reach everything. She loves to give kisses and hugs. BEST HUGS EVER! She will talk like you know exactly what she is talking about. She knows what she wants and fights for it, even when we don't cave. We started putting a picture from the wedding in her crib at night and she no longer cries when we put her down. She took the cover off of the remote without anyone teaching her how to do it! Her vocabulary expands more each day. Every time she gets in her car seat she says "HOT!" even if it isn't hot.
She's so great and we love her!!
I have a new achievement! Blog's Birthday
1 year ago









No comments:
Post a Comment