Wednesday, June 8, 2011

NO MORE HAPPINESS!!

Some days, I'm not sure what to think of my doctor. He is very well informed and knows just what the latest thing is that can cause a variety of symptoms. Lucky for me, this means something new wrong with me every time I visit. I became sick on April 27th and while some of my symptoms have subsided, others remain, which led me to an appointment yesterday evening.

After much discussion (he's very thorough) he returned to the room with a questionnaire for me to complete. Score three different sections and get points. If you have 180 points, that's not good. Mine was 215 or something like that. Apparently it was a survey regarding a yeast intolerance or something such as that. The solution: NO MORE HAPPINESS! Well, it may as well be so. I have to abstain from certain foods for two months and then I can eat them later, but the paper said "do not overeat". I asked the doctor if he had met my family. Seriously.

So, for the next two months it is recommended that I not eat/drink any of the following: flour, refined sugar, wheat, milk, cheese, alcohol, honey, mushrooms, winter squash, potatoes, yams, apricots, figs, melons, raisins, dried fruits, peanuts and white vinegar. Then, I'm supposed to eat minimal amounts of them afterwards.

I returned home to find David had prepared a tasty pot of Cream Cheese Chicken. I indulged as I realized this may be the last time in a long time. Then I followed it with a Honey Bunches of Oats chaser. David just went to the store and stocked up on bread, sugar, milk and cheese on Monday. Poor guy!

At least I know one thing...I'm going to lose some weight. :P

3 comments:

NanaBell said...

Well, at least you won't be missing the alcohol!

Julie said...

Woah. And this is supposed to fix what?

Julie said...

And how did my name become the princess on here?