Monday, June 13, 2011

It is Official!

Some of you already know, but last week I was offered a promotion to be the Clinic Supervisor at our local Mental Health facility. This means I will be the "boss" over all employees in the Moab clinic. I officially accepted the position on Friday and will assume responsibilities next Monday, June 20th. I will remain as the Children's Therapist as well, but my direct service requirement drops from 100 to 30 per month. This will likely mean that when I am accepted for National Health Service Corps, I will request to do it part time instead of full time (there are direct service requirements). This will likely mean an extra couple of years in Moab. I am excited that they are willing to take such a chance on a newly licensed clinician and excited to have some variety in my responsibilities because, honestly, some days working with emotional things with kids every day can drain a girl. Our family feels very blessed to have this opportunity and the raise that comes along with it that will help us reach our financial goals earlier.

In other news, I'm on day 6 and holding strong. Colleagues provided M&Ms (peanut, nonetheless), cookies and biscotti to staffing today and I resisted with the support of an awesome David via text "short term benefit, long term gain". He is awesome!

2 comments:

Susie said...

Congratulations!!! We are very happy for all of you - way to go:-)

Lori said...

that is so exciting! And congrats on day 6!