Friday, May 27, 2011

For FREE?!

On one particularly awesome Sunday a few weeks back, I decided that I should participate in an increase of spiritual music/talks/topics, etc. and looked to the Church's Mormon Channel which is basically (as I understand it) intended to be a radio station that includes talks and stories of inspiration and guidance. I think I browsed it when it first launched and didn't look too deep and dismissed it as not quite my style.

That night I realized that everything they produced or streamed was available as a podcast on iTunes and were downloadable for FREE! Not joking. This weekend will mark the weekend that all my downloads are finally complete. This is almost 1800 tracks of talks, stories, scripture discussion, music, inspiring interviews, etc. I was basically challenged when David said "you'll never listen to all of those" so now I'm in the I'm-going-to-prove-you-wrong mode. :) Last night I listened to a talk that focused on simplicity in life. The talk is called "Serenity" under the "Mormon Identities: Who We Are, What We Believe and How We Live" Section. It's quite good! :)

It's a pretty fantastic resource for a variety of needs. I'm excited to have found this seemingly endless source of inspiration and testimony to stream through my iPod/computer whenever I'm needing a boost. :)

No comments: