Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Hope

The past few days I have been looking directly into the face of the terrible things that exist in this world. The many reasons that I, as a therapist, do not watch the news, do not read the paper and/or seek any media that further skews my perspective of what "normal" is in the world. Monday it turned into a perspective that no amount of appropriate and positive parenting can guarantee Henley's protection from the evils of this world. I came home and had a conversation with David about this. Particularly, my perspective about hard things that happen to us. I believe that we are faced with particular trials because God knows what trials we need to help us grow into the person we truly are. If this is the case, there is no protection from these things. This also factors in to where we choose to put down roots. Whether Moab, Birmingham, or Timbuktu, the things that Henley needs to experience to grow will still happen, although the order may change. I sometimes forget that I place my trust in Heavenly Father on a daily basis. He will help me be a better therapist, mom, wife, sister, daughter, aunt, and/or friend if I continue to seek His support and counsel in these things. Yes, there will always be ways I can protect my family from the evils of the world, but as long as I do my best and turn to Heavenly Father for direction, she will be okay. I hope.

No comments: