Friday, April 9, 2010

Check Ups

Yesterday we had our follow up for Henley because she was supposed to gain less weight and her percentile was supposed to go down. Apparently a baby at 90th percentile in weight is not good? So, now she's 19 pounds and 3 ounces and 27 1/2 inches. The percentiles are down and the doctor is happy.

In our world she is a very active crawler. Poor David with the mover and shaker all day. It's laughable when he talks about how much she moves around. It has been weeks that she has been pulling herself up to stand on our furniture. We, not knowing any better, thought it a normal step in her speedy development. Last night I was talking to the PA and she said that doesn't usually start until 9 months. I suppose Henley isn't one to wait for when she should do something.

Lately she has started smacking her lips as though something was really tasty. It's really adorable, but she only does it when David is closeby. Silly faces and funny expressions all the time. We can't wait to see family in a couple weeks! We're just hoping the car decides she wants to make the trip too!

In other medical news, the surgeon has cleared me and I am free to attempt pilates without risk of tearing my incision. I don't think I've been so excited to exercise in my life!

2 comments:

hanneyjo said...

My kids have been in the 90th percentile and the doctors have always acted like it was a good thing. weird. is it b/c she was in a lower percentile on other things or something?

Aw, that's cute that she's learning so quickly. Makes ya proud, huh? :D

Holly Long said...

I know! I thought it was a good thing too! Weird. She is in similar percentiles for everything. Maybe she was small for head size or something? Eh, who knows. Yep, proud for sure, but in the good way. :)