You know, I could list the many reasons that I dislike Moab, but there is one that stands at the top of the list. The trouble is...Moab is a doppleganger town. At first, it wasn't such a big deal. I would see people and think it was someone from school or something like that, but realize that if it were one of my dear classmates from Harding, they would call. Yes, I am that confident in that group.
A couple months ago I spotted a woman that looked exactly like Jennifer Dean. She is a woman I have known from church in Alabama and actually watched her kids once or twice when my best friend didn't. This is usually not a problem, but upon seeing her I followed her (a little too closely, I might add) a little down the street and saw that she was with a different husband and children than I am familiar with. I almost conviced myself that she had a double life!
Earlier this week, I saw someone from behind that looked just like my friend Julie (who I KNOW would call if I were in Moab). Same haircut, color, body shape, height, everything. I had to stop myself.
A few minutes ago I was walking back up to my office after finishing a session and walking clients downstairs when I saw a guy in the lobby that looked just like Dr. Hickmon. He saw me, he had a badge on his belt, but had a tie and everything which is rare in Moab. I was tempted to turn around and look again because I was SO sure that it was him, but in my hesitancy I ended up tripping going up the stairs.
This is getting pretty serious with all these people running around that are so familiar. *yikes* I suppose it just makes me homesick and that's no fun.
In other news, I'm more than halfway done with my squares on the quilt I'm working on. I passed the halfway mark last night while David was recording some music (so talented). I'm going to miss having my sewing area, but I'm sure Henley will enjoy the space a little more often than I will.
I've got tons to do and little time to do it. We leave next Friday for Salt Lake and then Birmingham! Can't Wait!
I have a new achievement! Blog's Birthday
1 year ago









No comments:
Post a Comment