In thinking about next year, for the first time, in a long time, I have no milestones ahead. I have a great husband and amazing daughter. I have a job. I have fantastic friends near and far. I got my license (and a promotion, what?!). I got National Health Service Corps. We have a functional car (so here's to hoping it stays that way)! As far as the big things, they are all in place. What more could a girl need?
Now that the big things are out of the way (sans a house and David's degree), it is time to focus on the smaller big things. You know, the things that really matter, but you get distracted by because all that big stuff gets in the way? Yes, you do. So a couple of things that I want to improve in 2012 so I remember the smaller things.
First things I will do more often (most of these, if I do them twice, it will be more often than 2011).
- Family Home Evening
- Meal planning and budgeting
- prayers and scripture study
- reading to Henley
- remembering to send thank you cards (and actually following through with remembering
- including Henley in cooking
- being creative
- concurrent documentation (it's a work thing)
- focus
- drink water
- take medicine
Last year I had only one resolve at the end of 2010 and it was to not miss any days of church unless it was beyond my control. 2010 was a mess when it came to that. I am proud to report that I only missed church on three Sundays. Henley being sick, being on a plane, and being out of town. If you knew my 2010 attendance, it was a feat. It has paid off in dividends. I will think of one for 2012, but you won't know it until a year from now, just so I can keep myself accountable.
Overall, the goal of life is to be content with life, more grateful, more understanding and more aware. I wish you all a happy New Year!









No comments:
Post a Comment