Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Snap! Actually not.

So, David, Henley and I drove cross country, stayed at this awesome timeshare in Arkansas wilderness, took Henley swimming for her first (four) times, took morning walks on a golf course, went to the lake with David's family, saw David's family, played Apples-To-Apples and Blockus, met David's brother for the first time (that's just me and Henley), went to Alabama, had a sister's night, hung out with my Dad for father's day, spent some time with Nanny, Henley met a large volume of my family in a short amount of time, sold our car, got a new one, saw Harding friends, stopped and saw my professors, hung out with Nathan, saw Rheanna & Andrew's new house, saw Rheanna's mom, watched Henley play with Rachel (David's sister), drove back across the country and bought a GPS and we did not take ONE picture! Do you believe it?

Of course, we came back into town all strep-ridden so I'm not at work yesterday or today, possibly tomorrow too. It was so great to see everyone! Poor Henley is slowly adjusting to mom going back to work (Monday was brutal on her) and not having a constant source of entertainment in her aunt Rachel. She's remembering how to entertain herself, but it's seriously difficult to be all patient and understanding when sick. I'm sure other moms have felt that as well. At least it makes for a good transition back into work.

On the way home David and I started a list that will likely continue to be added upon. It's the things we like about Utah and the things we like about Alabama. The continuous debate...if you want to sell us on one or the other and think there is something to add...here's your chance. But we have to both agree for it to make it to the list.

I think next time we won't come in the summer. :) In any case, we were all filled by our family and let's hope it holds us for a while. We love and miss you all!

1 comment:

Susie said...

I cannot believe you did not take one single picture!!!! That must be some kind of record. Unbelievable.

Hope you all feel better soon. Sorry we missed your visit - but really, visiting in 100 degree temps cannot be fun. :-)