You know it's Spring in Moab when all the license plates turn green! Haha. Well, one of my coworkers said that and then felt silly for having to explain that Colorado plates are green (or at least part of them).
Spring is here and the weather is great in Moab. We've started our Temple Preparation classes, David has his first "birthday" in a couple weeks, he gets his Patriarchal Blessing next Sunday, and we enjoyed getting to go to the Draper Temple Dedication last night!
The past few weeks in regard to church have been crazy! We have our "regular" spots, as people generally do. Usually we can show up five to ten minutes before nine and it is still open. Prom was on March 7th and the seats were halfway into the cultural hall (a.k.a. gym). Not fun. Last week was the "Skinny Tire Festival" and we had similar luck with our seats. This week was the "Canyonlands Half Marathon" and David proclaimed that we were leaving for church at 8:30! Church is about a mile away, at most.
While we are loving the weather, we are not really in love with the attraction to our slow little town that the weather creates. I suppose it wouldn't be so bad if we didn't live on the corner of Main Street and Center Street. No matter what, we've got tourists in our way or in our parking spots. We're amazed at the people who run half-marathons that morning and walk slower than snails on the sidewalk when all we want to do is escape back to our apartment!
We're both trying to make the best of it, but we may become hermits during the "season".
I have a new achievement! Blog's Birthday
1 year ago









2 comments:
Man, I wish I was one of those people enjoying the attractions around your town. I hear the mountain biking there is heavenly.
Well, you're always welcome although the apartment likely won't hold the whole family (sorry). It is pretty beautiful around here, but I'd suggest coming in the off-season to avoid the crazies.
Post a Comment