This weekend was so great because we got to enjoy General Conference! Along with that, David and I watched (again) the extended versions of The Fellowship Of The Ring and Two Towers. I will guarantee Return of the King is the next movie. So, I suppose for me, I watched about 16 hours of something this weekend. On Sunday after the last session David suggested that we start a schedule where we pray and exercise and study all together.
The thing is, I think a lot of things. I probably don't say them as much as I ought to, but I think them. I've really been wanting to start up this schedule/routine thing, but I'm really working on stepping back and following instead of leading. I was so excited to hear him all enthusiastic about making a schedule and having "family" prayer, scripture study, AND Family Home Evening.
I will admit, I was less excited this morning when he woke me at 6:30 and was expecting me to do exercises that he learned in the Army. I hurt, just a little. :) I will admit, I do have more energy and I'm excited that we're doing this together. It seems that the hard things are easier when there's someone going through it with you.
The other thing we did this weekend was to sit around and draw houses. The thing is, before we met, we both had sketched out the blueprints to our own "dream" house and when we compared them, it was pretty scary how similar they were. Saturday we sat around and tried to merge the two houses and come up with alternative designs after we realized our final plan was too elaborate for either of our tastes (or budgets). It's so much fun to make plans for the future together! Sometimes the day to day can get away from us and we forget that we should be continually working for something better.
In other news, I get paid tomorrow. This will be my first paycheck in 26 months. *whew* Lots of orders of business to do before we'll have money to set aside for anything, but we're still really excited at the idea of having an income. The first big purchase, after we pay people back, will be a couch. It seems the only comfortable place for both of us to be is the bed and, despite the stereotypes of newlyweds and time spent in bed, we really would like an alternative to the bed. Lots of research and shopping for the best deal. We hope to find one in town so we don't have to pay a $200 shipping fee. *yikes*
Tomorrow is a quilting class at the local quilt shop. I'm excited at being able to go, but I haven't decided if I'll start attending classes just yet. They DO cost money (only $5, but it adds up) and I still have a quilt to finish. I may just work on my quilt until it is done and THEN I'll think about classes. I have a picture process of that already and you'll see it all when I'm done.
The weather is cooling down here and I actually had to wear a jacket to work today. Once our Saturdays are not occupied, we'll start hiking and all that jazz. I'm excited to explore a little more and see what all the fuss is. :)
I have a new achievement! Blog's Birthday
1 year ago









No comments:
Post a Comment