I have a pretty awesome memory. I can tell you the phone number of my next door neighbors when I was nine years old. I remember the birthday of a missionary that served his mission in Birmingham when I was sixteen. I randomly remember dates and numbers all over the place just because of the way I connect things. Sometimes I even surprise myself.
For all of this, I still forget things. My mind will quickly remember painful things and forget the positive things. I forget how much people genuinely care about me. I forget the things that keep me going. I forget my coping skills. I forget the things I need to do to keep myself positive and not in my dark place. I forget my priorities. I forget my values and beliefs. I forget the things that matter.
As I was having a really hard week this week, I noticed yesterday all the things I forget. There are cautions all throughout the scriptures to remember a variety of things. I have emotional triggers all over the place that help me remember terrible things and affect my mood, but I am not good at remembering to balance that out or fight it with uplifting things. When I search the church Gospel Library app on my phone, there are 20,000 results for "Remember". Probably because it caps out at that, not because that is all. I think Satan's biggest tool is loss of memory. Some days, most days, maybe all I need to do is remember.
I have a new achievement! Blog's Birthday
1 year ago









No comments:
Post a Comment