Thursday, June 28, 2012

If I Had A Million Dollars!

I've decided that I need to find a way to make a lot of money that doesn't take a lot of time away from my family. I'm pretty sure this is the dream of every person in existence, but I recognize through my reading that I want nothing more than to be surrounded by a beautiful peaceful environment as much as I can. I like pretty things, even though I haven't really worked to develop the skill to create beautiful things. I happened upon this website while thinking of maybe, one day, having a Henley birthday party (certainly not in our tiny apartment). Oh man. I could go crazy wild. Of course, I would buy lots of stuff and not do anything with it for fear of ruining items so pretty. In any case, I'll be brainstorming, but until then, I'll just keep shoving stuff in the top of my closet. :)

I suppose that step one is where I am right now. Getting out of debt. Nothing kills riches like debt does. Last year I knocked out $60,000 in debt (at least) because of where I am and what I'm doing. While it is quite far from old friends and family, I'm pretty sure that none of you guys could have afforded to donate that kind of green to keep me around. (Sad but true.)

While the debt thing is happening, I'm also working on budgeting (seriously the most time-consuming necessity in life, yes, more than laundry), meal planning (goes hand in hand with the budget) and saving. Throw in some organizing and we are all set! Now if I could just make myself stop watching Hulu! Wait, no, not stop, first let's just try to multi-task. Watch and budget/plan/sew. Then we'll wean slowly. :)

1 comment:

Angela said...

way to go on sacrificing to get out of debt. I totally admire what you guys are doing (living in a small town away from the peeps you love etc). But I have to say I'm selfishly motivated b/c I sure do love you and your little family!