Monday, April 9, 2012

Like Sands Through The Hourglass...

Life in Moab has gotten pretty crazy. Just like Spring, there are new changes and new life all around us. But, there is some backstory, so bear with me.

I have been doing this NHSC thing since June 30, 2011. I have a two year contract and they gave me 60K for student loans. *woot* I LOVE NHSC! I was promoted to the Clinic Director position ten days before and was concerned about the requirements. So when I went to LA the guy told me that I had to switch to part time which means four years instead of two, plus the extra one for the extra money.

ANYWAY! I finally filled out the part time paperwork last week and resigned myself to another four or five years in Moab. Because of this and the fact that our lease runs out in September, David and I started talking about buying a house. Super huge big deal. There is this great resource for rural locations through the USDA loans that a friend of ours just used. So, we started the process and spent the weekend falling in love with a little blue house.

Monday morning rolls around and I find out that we do NOT have to switch to part time NHSC and we only have two years left from June 30th. So, scrap the little blue house plans and stick it out for two more years in our apartment that is like a home. Oh how things turn around so quickly!

No comments: