Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Happy Wednesday Piglet!

This has been a crazy start to the new year. Monday morning, my first day back to work, my computer contracted a very severe virus. Keep in mind that this is my work computer, not my home computer. If the computer were at home, I would be able to have access to do all kinds of repairs to it and be confident that I was deleting something that wasn't "supposed" to be on there. Work is a different story. I'm now using a laptop that floats around the office. I'm fortunate enough to be able to access that so I'm on top of things. My actual computer is in Price awaiting repairs. No telling how long it will take.

Speaking of taking a long time...our car is still out of commission. The cold and the snow have lost their luster and all of us are ready and planning a trip out of town for the moment Olive is restored to her beautiful state of running. It's great being in a small town, but really, I want my car back!

In other news...it's funny how things happen sometimes. I think it was Monday or Tuesday night, possibly as far back as Sunday...anyway, I have taken to singing songs from different movies to Henley lately. She loves it and I get on random kicks. Lately I've been finding myself singing songs from a particular movie and then trying to figure out why on earth I don't OWN that movie!? Monday I was singing the "Goodbye Song" (at least that's what I call it) from Sound of Music. You all know the part, at the party, with the kids singing goodnight...seriously!? Of course you know it! In any case, I jumped from that to Aidle Weiss (sp?) and was really trying to figure out why I didn't own it. David, as usual, really doesn't know what songs come from what movies (but I love him anyway) so I know he played no part in the fact that his mom just so "happened" to send me Sound of Music! I think somehow I was channeling it to her or something. It couldn't have gotten here so fast even if David DID know what movie that was from.

Now, after day 3 of a virus-ed computer and feeling somewhat accountable and a rather difficult day with clients...I get to go home and watch Sound of Music. I'm completely excited!!!!! :D Thanks mom!

5 comments:

NanaBell said...

Funny you should mention the Sound of Music today. I got an email from a friend with pictures of the cast as they appear now. I tried to forward it, but couldn't delete all of the extra comments so I am sending a link I found through Google. I can't vouch for the "song" Julie Andrews supposedly sang, as I know her voice is damaged and she can't sing any more, but I think the pictures are authentic.

http://disfriends.ning.com/profiles/blogs/cast-of-sound-of-music-40

hanneyjo said...

We just watched that movie the other day! I don't think I had ever sat through the whole thing before.

Holly Long said...

This was the 40th anniversary edition, so there is reunion footage on the special features! I watched an hour-long documentary and a "reminiscing" with Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer. I ran out of time last night and will watch the reunion footage tonight. Maybe there will be information about the "song" as well. :)

Charity said...

I love that movie and sang (phonically spelled) ay-dell vice to Cj alot when he was younger. When I sing it now he gets suspicious, like I'm trying to make him tired or somehting. Ha ha

Holly Long said...

It turns out that the reunion footage isn't all that exciting and Edelweiss is spelled as it is now written. I get the suspicious looks from Henley sometimes as well, but I'm not sure she has really figured out the trick just yet. :)